RE: Ultra5 + Linux kernel 2.6.1 = hangs while booting

Cool, I didn't know about that option, I should have looked into SILO
debugging more.

What I get now, is that it loads things pretty normally through all the
normal hardware stuff, but right after it loads the root fs read-only and
devfs, I get this:

	EXT3-fs:  mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
	Mounted devfs on/dev
	Warning: unable to open an initial console

It then reboots, I had to Stop+A to get that to copy it down.  Is this a
graphics/framebuffer problem?

My current kernel says this:

	Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 1060x64
	Fb0: ATY Mach64 frame buffer device on PCI
	Pty: 265 Unix98 ptys configured

Thanks for the help, I hope this is enough info.

	-Alex