Re: [debian-sparc] any ram test for sparc?

Bonjour,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, marco wrote:

> i recently bought some ram banks for my ultra 5 333. I am now
> experiencing some hard freezes, with no trace at all in logs. I am
> beginning to suspect the new ram could be the cause. Is there any
> ram-test program for sparc? Is there a way to test it?

From the OBP:
setenv diag-switch? true
setenv diag-level max
reset

Be aware that by default, the boot device after a diag test is different
than the normal boot device. On my machines, diag-device is set to 'net',
so you could change it to 'disk':
setenv diag-device disk

--
Erwann ABALEA <eabalea@certplus.com> - RSA PGP Key ID: 0x2D0EABD5