Re: X on Ultra1

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 12:23:54PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:37:52 +0100
> ama@ugr.es wrote:
>
> > I am using an Ultra1 box runing Debian sarge and it works very well,
> > but I can only get X working with 8bpp with the suncg6 driver.
>
> The suncg6 graphics card only supports 8bpp, it's nearly 15 year old
> technology.

I'm afraid I didn't make my point clear enough. I have an Ultra1 box
and am using the suncg6 driver, although I am not sure that's the
graphics card the system has. But, while booting, the SUN logo seems to me to have much better quality of just 8bpp (I think). So, I think I might be using the wrong driver. Is it possible?

I have no documentation, and don't know of a way of getting to know thw exact graphics card it is. Is there a similar command to 'lspci' for the SUN hardware?

Thanks again,
Ángel