Re: Problem with "Happy Meal" drivers

In article <[🔎] 20040112192753.GB22855@psychology.rutgers.edu>
sauron-debian-sparc@psychology.rutgers.edu writes:
>I am reasonably certain this doesn't happen on (some?) sparc hardware.  I've
>had an Ultra30 plugged into our E450 via serial, and when I rebooted it,
>I don't recall finding the E450 at PROM later.
>
>I could be wrong, of course.

Rebooting will not normally cause the problem, only actually powering
down, and it is somewhat hardware dependant.  (If your terminal acts
as an open circuit when unpowered, it will not cause this problem.)

Some sparc models can be set to ignore break on the serial console.
(This may also depend on openboot version.)
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html