RE: SPARC 5 with a new SBUS NIC does not work now.

Ben,

I thought that as well. I have changed both interfaces in the interfaces
file. The built in NIC is a 10Mb and the new SBUS card is a 10/100Mb. When I
bring up the interfaces I see the following messages:

eth1: Carrier Lost, trying AUI
SIOCSIFNETMASK: Invalid argument
eth0: Link is up using internal transceiver at 10Mb/s, Half Duplex.

or

SIOCSIFNETMASK: Invalid argument
eth1: Carrier Lost, trying AUI
eth0: Link is up using internal transceiver at 10Mb/s, Half Duplex.

The messages are in different order depending on which is listed first in
the interface file. The first set of messages are displayed when I list eth1
first in the interfaces file. The second is when I list eth0 first in the
interfaces file. I thought that changing the order would change the NIC that
the configuration was for. This is a wrong assumption?

David