Re: chronic "powerd: shutdown execution failed" problem on U10

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 22:53, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:54:24 -0400
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Sounds to me like the power button on the front is stuck or something.
>
> That's my guess too.  The only time powerd should ever try to
> execute shutdown() is when the power button interrupt arrives.

Dave (and Ben), thanks for assistance.

> There was a bug at one point where we'd try to intercept power
> button interrupts on machines where the interrupt line was not
> hooked up properly, but that is not relevant in this case because
> all Ultra10 systems are sane in this area.
>
> Can you show me what /proc/interrupts looks like on your system?
> I think I might know what is wrong, and if I'm right this is a
> symptom of a larger problem I've been meaning to fix wrt. interrupt
> dispatch.

  0:   22178677  timer:dead
  4:     234945  su(mouse):7ea, ide0:7e0
  5:      77388  eth0:7e1
  9:       2126  su(kbd):7e9
 10:        211  usb-ohci:7d4, usb-ohci:7d5
 12:          4  serial(sab82532):7eb
 13:          0  cs4231:7e3
 14:          0  cs4231:7e4
 15:    2898143  SABRE UE:7ee, SABRE CE:7ef, SABRE PCIERR:7f0, power:7e5

(kernel 2.4.21 from Debian)

Modules loaded are ide-cd, cdrom, openprom, lp, parport, printer (part
of usb), appletalk (for netatalk), cs4231, and audio.  cs4231,
appletalk, and printer are forced; rest are auto-loaded.  modules.conf
is unchanged from sid.

-- thanks, SP