Re: FTBFS for gnokii 0.4.3-8

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 03:02:10PM +1000, Bradley Marshall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having troubles getting gnokii to build on some archs, and am
> playing whack-a-mole with FTBFS - at the moment, its sparc thats
> having issues.  I get the following error when gnokii gets autobuilt
> on sparc:
>
>   gcc -Xlinker -r -nostdlib -nodefaultlibs -o PHONES.o generic.o nokia.o nk7110.o nk6510.o nk6100.o atgen.o ateric.o atnok.o atsie.o dc2711.o fake.o nk6160.o
>   /usr/bin/ld: --relax and -r may not be used together

Use:

gcc -c -o PHONES.o ...

The "-Xlinker -r" bypasses some of gcc's internal logic and the
-nostdlib -nodefaultlibs is also an attempt to overcome bypassing it.
This isn't specific to just sparc either. It's just that sparc exposed
the misusage. I'd make this change for every architecture.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/