Re: Custom tftpboot images

So XFS is not an option for sparc based systems.
How about ReiserFS and JFS?

ReiserFS: http://www.namesys.com/
JFS:      http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jfs/

Irvin Probst wrote:
On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 16:10, Irvin Probst wrote:

Hi,
As I finally decided to switch back one of my U1 from OpenBSD[1] to
Linux, I'm currently building my own tftpboot.img. I'm doing this
because I want to try XFS support with sun4u computers

Good news: The sparc Debian installer works fine with a XFS root file
system, the sunhme.c patch included in 2.4.19 works too.
Bas news: XFS is absolutely unusable with a sparc system, it does not
survive to a hard power off, the kernel stops at "Starting XFS recovery
on filesystem" and seats there forever.
Conclusion: Use ext3, Luke.

--
Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>                icq: 36952189