NFS and kernel panic

When I export a mount point in /etc/exports, I get the following when I
reboot the machine:

Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsdUnsupported unaligend load/store trap for
kernel at <--------->.
kernel panic: Wheee. kernel does fpu/atomic unaliged load/store

I found this from 2001:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2001/debian-sparc-200107/msg00048.html

This mentions 2.2.20 kernels fix the problem.

This is on a freshly loaded stable
Linux sun1 2.2.19 #1 Mon Apr 2 14:21:55 EDT 2001 sparc64 unknown

I tried using nfs-user-server and was able to export.

This problem seems a bit old.  I must be missing something - but what?  Is
using NFs the problem?

Thanks.
--
Mike M.