Re: Error with nfs-root install

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 09:54, Francis Devereux wrote:

> > /target/tmp/debootstrap.log contains a single line:
> >
> > dpkg: unable to lock dpkg status database: No locks available
>
> I'm not sure, but this could be because nfslockd is not running on the nfs
> server.  Are you running nfslockd on the nfs server.  What OS is the nfs
> server?

It's linux 2.4.  The nfs server is from nfs.sourceforge.net, version
1.0.1.  rpcinfo reports that the lock server is running.  I noticed this
error in the syslog: "kernel: svc: unknown version (3)" and traced it
down to nfssvc.c in the kernel sources.  I recompiled with nfs version 3
support, but it still doesn't work.  Same errors (although there's no
svc error.)  This is what "rpcinfo -p" says:

insanity root # rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp  32768  status
    100024    1   tcp  32768  status
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100021    1   udp  32770  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  32770  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp  32770  nlockmgr
    100005    1   udp  32771  mountd
    100005    1   tcp  32769  mountd
    100005    2   udp  32771  mountd
    100005    2   tcp  32769  mountd
    100005    3   udp  32771  mountd
    100005    3   tcp  32769  mountd

I'll give my debian server a go (this above is from my gentoo
workstation) and see if it works but I think I remember it erroring out
in the same place when I tried it from the server before.

Cheers anyway,

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah@bash.sh>