Re: X windows help!!!

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Peter Parker wrote:

> Symbol fbPictureInit from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.o is unresolved!

This file is in package: x11/xserver-xfree86

> What can I do? Look for? Edit?

Maybe try to (re)install this package as a first ditch attempt.

> It has been such a long time since I've played with X configuration
> files (I'm used to all the nice linux installs from other distro's), so
> I don't remember what to look for.

one thing that works well in my experience with X verison 4.x is:

# xfree86 -configure

This will generally find common hardware configurations and I have
experienced only minor problems with multi-headed systems.

> Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hope this helps!

-Tim

 ____.-=|  Tim  Spriggs  |=-.____