Re: sunhme ethernet (receiver?) locking up w/ ultra1 and 2.4.18-.20

* Peter Parkkali <pfp@iki.fi> [030206 04:31]:
> >Can anyone say why the one-line fix hasn't been applied, either in the
> >vanilla kernel or Debian patches?  I was originally told it would
> >appear.
>
> Maybe because of what Irvin told - it doesn't work for everyone. Or was
> it just that the fix wasn't good enough, because there still exists a
> small  delay.. (A poor reason if you ask me)

Ok, so I'm the guy who came with the one-liner patch to the issue.  I've
seen the issue (and fixed it) on both a U1/170E and a U1/200E.  I asked
davem about it, and he basically said that he wants to look into it and
understand why it fixes it before blindly applying it -- but that it
would likely be applied eventually.

To this end, he's still borrowing my U1/170E...