Re: sunhme ethernet (receiver?) locking up w/ ultra1 and 2.4.18-.20

On 3 Feb 2003, Irvin Probst wrote:

> Finally I concluded that kernels 2.4.x deeply sux when they have to deal
> with HME cards.

It's not just Linux - Solaris sufferes from this hardware bug too.
Anyone with a busy server on an Ultra 1 platform is asking for trouble.
One of my clients has been plagued by it for many years until we recently
upgraded the hardware to an Ultra 80. Waste of an Ultra 80, but it keeps
them happy and stop the 30-second timeout you get with Solaris.

Gordon