Re: aide

At 23:35 -0500 12/10/03, Leith Stevens wrote:
Why are you trying to compile it yourself... ?

apt-get install aide works well for me.

Leith

Mostly out of frustration. When I tried to do what you suggested, I got:

katrina:/home/raub/todo/aide-0.10# apt-get install aide
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  aide
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/377kB of archives. After unpacking 1102kB will be used.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously deselected package aide.
(Reading database ... 49503 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking aide (from .../archives/aide_0.8-2_sparc.deb) ...
Setting up aide (0.8-2) ...
Debian Configuration lqqqqqqqqqu Initializing AIDE database tqqqqqqqqqk x x x x x x x Overwrite existing /var/lib/aide/aide.db.new? x x x x <Yes> <No> x x x mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj Running aide --init...
Dead symlink detected at /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so
Caught SIGBUS/SEGV. Exiting
/usr/sbin/aideinit: line 28:  8497 Aborted                 aide --init $@
dpkg: error processing aide (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 134
 aide
katrina:/home/raub/todo/aide-0.10#

Then I went "hmmm, I wonder wy it cannot find the file /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so is linked to."

raub@katrina:~/todo/aide-0.10$ ls -l /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Dec 5 22:29 /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so -> ../postgresql/lib/libpgtcl.so
raub@katrina:~/todo/aide-0.10$ ls -l /usr/postgresql/lib/libpgtcl.so
ls: /usr/postgresql/lib/libpgtcl.so: No such file or directory
raub@katrina:~/todo/aide-0.10$

Now, that got me rather annoyed since I did install postgresql (using apt-get, in fact). What is going on here?