Re: Console problem at Enterprise 3000

Carlos,

I dont know about the enterprise 3000, but all the Sparcs I have worked with only have a framebuffer. Make sure you have frame buffer support compiled into your kernel.

Leith

--
http://qasr.mine.nu

Carlos Emir M. Macedo wrote:
        Hi,

I've recently installed Debian Woody at an Sparc Enterprise 3000. Everything went ok, except the console. It works fine at default installation, but after kernel recompilation, I can´t useit (tty1 to tty6) anymore. I can logon through ssh. No reported errors at system logs. I've been working with Debian for a long time, but never with Sparc platform. Could someone help me?
        Thanks in advance.

Carlos Emir Mantovani Macedo
Technical Support
Tecnologia Bancária S.A.
+55 11 3244-1900 R. 8817
cmacedo@tecban.com.br
http://www.tecban.com.br

As informações existentes nessa mensagem são para uso restrito, sendo seu sigilo protegido por lei. Caso não seja destinatário, saiba que leitura, divulgação ou cópia são proibidas. Favor apagar as informações e notificar o remetente. O uso impróprio será tratado conforme as normas da empresa e a legislação em vigor.

The informations contained in this message are restricted, and its confidentiality protected by law. In case you are not theaddressee, be aware that the reading, spreading and copy of this message is unauthorized. Please, delete this message and notify the sender. The improper use of this information will be treated according the company's internal rules and legal laws.