Re: OpenGL problems on an Ultra/2 with Creator3D

Hello-

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 03:50:02PM -0800, Jon Leonard wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 08:05:54PM -0500, David Butts wrote:

<...>

> The Creator3D hardware doesn't do texture mapping, so anything that requests
> textures will fall back to a software renderer.  That's probably what you're
> seeing.  (At the time it was designed fast triangles seemed more imporant.)

Fascinating, particularly given Ben's observation that this symptom
strikes SDL apps generally.  Is the software renderer likely to be
implemented as part of SDL, or at a lower layer (e.g. mesa)?  Not
that I'm dying to play tuxracer, but I feel like I should do my part
to fend off a hardware monoculture by reporting this to somebody...

Thanks,
David