Re: scanner/sane/SCSI problem

> I am setting up an old Ultra 1 as a scanner machine, and I have had
> some problems making sane connect to the SCSI-scanner. I have tried
> two different kernels, 2.2.20 and 2.4.17, both compiled with
> make-kpkg. It works only with the older kernel.
<snip>
> rosalia:~# uname -a
> Linux rosalia 2.4.17 #1 Mon Nov 17 19:09:40 CET 2003 sparc64 unknown
<snip>
> rosalia:~# sane-find-scanner
> # Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
> # to a SCSI bus and some scanners that are connected to the Universal
> # Serial Bus (USB) depending on your OS. It will even find scanners
> # that are not supported at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that
> # is connected to a parallel or proprietary port.
>
> rosalia:~#

I had a similar problem with an HP ScanJet 5 (yes - it does play music)
from talking to the folks on the SANE mailing lists it seems to be
something to do with the SCSI drivers on SPARC but I never got further
than that.  's very interesting that 2.2 works.  Sorry I can't be of
more help.

Cheers,
 - Martin

--