E250

Trying to bring the Debian Sparc "woody" release up on a Sparc E250.

I get through the base install, re-boot and log in.

I figure I'm home.... wrong

I now need to load in "everything else"

Go through the docs, upgrade my /etc/apt/sources.lst; it now has 5 lines, one each reflecting CDs 2-6 of the downloaded iso's.

I invoke something like apt-cache search gnome*, and scads of stuff comes scrolling across the screen.

All set.

However, when I use tasksel, dselect, or apt-get to load anything, it always complains about unmet dependencies.

This is my first experience with Debian.  I was under the opinion that all the dependencies should be loaded automagically, along with my requested package.

What am I doing wrong here?