Re: Networking problem

just change the nvram parameter "local-mac-address?"

Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>

Patrick Morris wrote:
This is standard behavior for Sun hardware. If it's causing you problems (and it really shouldn't, if both cards are plugged into different networks), you can use the ifconfig command to set a MAC address manually.

nfs_nis@btopenworld.com wrote:

i have just install a new network card on my sun ultra 10 so that i can start doing some routing.

The new cards detect has a sun happy meal (hme) and mapped to eth1, but my problem is that the new card has the same mac address has the old one eth0 also an hme.

--
Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>          http://compukid.no-ip.org/
jabber: compukid@compukid.no-ip.org aim: Compukid128 icq: 36952189