Re: Networking problem.

This is just a guess .... but if you have more than one eth port
different kernel setups can find the ports in different orders and
assign them differently.

I'm guessing your old eth0 is now eth1 and your network is dead.

Quick test would be to change your cable to the other port on your
box and see if the network is up, though that assumes all eth
settings okay with the other port.

And this is just a wild guess.  If I'm right, setting alias between
the eth0 and your hme card will fix things.

Heitzso

Steve King wrote:

I have experienced a weird problem with the networking
on my sparc system.

After upgrading to:
Linux carpel 2.4.21 #1 Thu Aug 7 20:30:12 EDT 2003 sparc64 GNU/Linux
from 2.4.18, the tcp layer seems to be broken for any host outside
the local area network.
ICMP works, so I can ping www.debian.org but tcp just hangs.

All firewall policies are set to ACCEPT.

The system is an ultra 60 with a happy meal eth0 configured using
dhcp. resolv.conf and the route all seem correct. Using a different
LAN address doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Regards,

--