Re: Want to have sparc-mini.iso working on my Sun Ultra 10

Hi Ben,

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 05:31:43PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 10:24:24PM +0100, Olivier Bornet wrote:
> > I will try to work on the CD boot system from
> > http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/sparc-mini.iso if
> > possible. So my question to prepare this bug-squashing party is: how may
> > I generate this image, so I can try to find why it is causing problems
> > on my Ultra 10.
> >
> > If you (Ben?) think this is not something important, let me known which
> > bugs you thing I must work on. My point of view is this is the main
> > problem now: having a correct CD for booting the installation. Of
> > course, I can install via tftp. This is how I have installed it last
> > time. But I really want to start the install from a CD.
>
> DOn't even bother. The image is something I generate by hand. The issue
> is in SILO, and I'll end up getting around to it really soon.

Great. :-)
Do you now when it will be ready for test ? I known this is maybe short,
but I will be happy if I can test it next Sunday (November 9).

Even if you prefer to work alone on this problem, can you explain to me
how to make this sparc-mini.iso image ? I'm interested on how we can
make this on SPARC. (either fast explanation, or some pointers).

Last query: on this bug-squashing party (next Sunday), I will be happy
to work on a bug specific to the SPARC architecture. If someone has some
suggestions, I will be happy.

Good day.

		Olivier
--