Re: Debain unstable gcc ld

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 04:03:10PM +0100, Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> I've been using Debain unstable for a week or two.
>
> All looks ok, but a recent apt-get update has left gcc and ld out of
> sync ? Things compile, but ld complains about an Archatecture
> mismatch...
>
> Anyone know how to fix ? Or will ld update sometime soon ?

You are calling ld directly, I suspect. Likely case is that your gcc is
now defaulting to 64-bit compiles, which you probably don't want. If you
want to avoid 64-bit compiles by default, remove libc6-dev-sparc64. If
you want to have the ability to do 64-bit compiles, or you need
libc6-dev-sparc64 because of some dependency, then make sure to prepend
your compile commands with the sparc32 command, like so:

# sparc32 ./configure
# sparc32 make

or

# sparc32 /bin/bash