Re: X +xinerama

Maximiliano Garcia Silva - Decidir IT wrote:

Kent, these is my output of the xdpyinfo without the xinerama but with the
same configuration,
the dimensions and default deph for the two heads are the same.

I read about the xinerama, but I am confused....

screen #0:
 dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (347x260 millimeters)
 resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
 depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
 root window id:    0x47
 depth of root window:    24 planes
 number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
 default colormap:    0x20
 default number of colormap cells:    256

Screen 0 has 4 visuals: 23, 24, 25, 26 (hex).

screen #1:
 dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (347x260 millimeters)
 resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
 depths (2):    24, 8
 root window id:    0x49
 depth of root window:    24 planes
 number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
 default colormap:    0x38
 default number of colormap cells:    256
whereas this one has 7: 3e, 3f, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

You have to get the right combination of depth, etc, so that both screens have at least one common visual. Try dropping the default depth on both screens to 16, then 15, then 8.

--
Kent