monitor configuration

Hello,

I just installed Debian on an ultra5, but I have some trouble configuring the
monitor. It is a fixed frequency monitor like most older Sun monitors, a
gdm-1962b. I have used it for a short time with Solaris 9, worked nicely. The
console also works. Unfortunately, I can't get Xfree86 to work. The image
looks like total crap if I use the frequencies described in the monitor's
manual (which are:

Vertical refresh rate :       60-85 Hz
Horizontal Scan rate:         60- 80 KHz (Kilo Hetrz). Default set to 72Khz

Using either the range or the fixed setting for HorizSync. Anyone who uses
such a monitor?

Oh yes, the frame buffer is a mach64 type with a hd15 output, but capable of
fixed-frequency output (I use an adaptor, worked out of the box with
Solaris).

Thanks!

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be