Re: Discover and SBUS?

> * discover 2.0 allows numeric and non-numeric vendor and model codes, but
> doesn't allow the deviations. It looks like using the 'key-value' approach
> would require some major reworking. But Debian hasn't adopted 2.0, so it
> would trouble for noth.

I'm somewhat borderline about whether this is worth it or not. Most SBUS
stuff that is worth supporting (IOW, has a driver for it) is built-into
the kernel. There aren't really that many other things.

Most UltraSPARC's are moving to PCI anyway, so I think supporting SBUS
in discover is probably just a lot of work for something that isn't
evolving anyway. Does anyone ever really have a need for for discover to
work on SBUS? Only think I can think of that is useful is identifying
the framebuffer(s) for xfree86 driver selection.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/