OT : Disk problem

Hi,
	A friend of mine gave me SS20 with a super-noisy HD (even my dogs bark at
it...).  Now, I have three Quantum Viking 4.5 SCA (in exchange of a to high
disk I bought for 60$), but only two in the SS20. When I start linux, the get
detect.  in dmesg, I get

[...]
scsi0 : Sparc ESP100A-FAST
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST32550N          Rev: 0021
Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
  Vendor: QUANTUM   Model: VIKING 4.5 SCA    Rev: 8600
Detected scsi disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
  Vendor: QUANTUM   Model: VIKING 4.5 SCA    Rev: 8600
Detected scsi disk sdc at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
scsi : detected 3 SCSI disks total.
esp0: target 0 [period 100ns offset 15 10.00MHz FAST SCSI-II]
SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 4194058 [2047 MB] [2.0 GB]
esp0: target 1 [period 100ns offset 15 10.00MHz FAST SCSI-II]
sdb : READ CAPACITY failed.
sdb : status = 0, message = 00, host = 0, driver = 28
sdb : extended sense code = 4
sdb : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
esp0: target 3 [period 100ns offset 15 10.00MHz FAST SCSI-II]
sdc : READ CAPACITY failed.
sdc : status = 0, message = 00, host = 0, driver = 28
sdc : extended sense code = 4
sdc : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
[...]

When I try fdisk /dev/sd[bc], I get

SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 1 lun 0 return code = 28000000
[valid=0] Info fld=0x0, Current sd08:10: sns = 70  4
ASC= 9 ASCQ=f8
Raw sense data:0x70 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0a 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
0x09
scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:10, sector 0

Unable to read /dev/sdb

Sinse I'm not an expert and my friend is gone for at lease a mounth or two, I
don't realy know what to do.  I'd like to make those disk work and use my
SS20, I don't like to see a dual CPU standing there and doing nothing :o)

	Nic Cola

--
Ozmosis:
	The inability of one's job to live up to one's self-image.