Re: New NIC Has Problems

Hi,

I have an Ultra2 with 2 NICs connected to 2 different
networks and it routes without any problem. The 2 NICs
have the same MAC address, because Linux doesn't
recognise the local-mac-address? switch.
To be able to route with ipchains, you first need to
configure the box as a router by setting
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward to 1. Once you have done
that, you still need to enable the FORWARD rule in
ipchains. I can't remember the exact syntax, but you
should be able to find it on the net.

Good luck and I hope this helps,
Bertrand.

 --- Irvin Probst <irvin@irvinig.org> wrote: > On Thu,