Re: chronic "powerd: shutdown execution failed" problem on U10

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 02:16, David S. Miller wrote:
> On 17 Aug 2003 11:02:32 -0400
> Steve Pacenka <s.pacenka@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >  15:    2898143  SABRE UE:7ee, SABRE CE:7ef, SABRE PCIERR:7f0, power:7e5
>
> Unless you have a stream of PCI errors in your kernel
> logs, the power button is sending interrupts out like
> crazy, YIKES!

No PCI errors in logs.  So we have a button problem.  I've had hard
drive failures, memory failures, dead floppies and CD-ROMS, friedl
serial ports, and lots of other things die over the years but never a
button. :^)

> I'll see if there is some way to deal with this better.
>
> Are you able to build kernels with patches I'd give you
> for debugging?

Yes.  I'll have to go back and check with Ben Collins' recent advice
about which compiler to use (last I tried was egcs64 which was a
complete failure).

Appreciate your help.

-- SP