Re: Happy Meal lockups on Ultra 5

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, David S. Miller wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:20:52 -0400
>Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> > And do you have any idea why the patch is not in vanilla?
>>
>> Probably because it's more of a workaround than a real fix.
>
>Correct.
>
>And in the SBUS case, the TX timeout reset of the chip doesn't
>unjam it at all so I have to figure that out first.

Have you seen my posting from 7. August regarding ethernet lockups? If
you have, did you find that it was utter foolishness? I have seen no
other reports from Linux/Ultra Sparc users making any connection between
the ethernet lockups and the tty respawning problem. In my case the
connection seemed very real.

Best regards,
David List