cross compiler question

Hi all,
  I'm in the process of setting up a cross compiler on my x86 machine
for sparc and sparc64 targets, I've upgraded the x86 to the following

binutils 2.14
gcc 3.3.1
glibc 2.3.2

from debian-woody and am now trying to rebuild the packages with target=
sparc-linux and sparc64-linux.  Binutils built and installed correctly
but gcc fails to compile missing pthread.h and unistd.h.  So far google
hasn't turned up much, has anyone here done this?  Any hints or obvious
things I've missed?

thanks in advance.

--
"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."   - Ayn Rand

myehle at wanadoo dot fr