Re: Video card problems with Sun Ultra Sparc 10

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 05:13:46PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:05:12 -0400
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > >      I tried use the XF86config in a old message in
> > > this list
> >
> > Don't use an XF86Config-4, just run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"
> > and make sure to choose mostly defauly settings (except make sure to
> > choose sunffb for the driver).
>
> This is buggy too.

Well the main thing is that the one he tested had a BusID line it it
that may not work for his machine. Probably could just remove that and
have things work.

> The problem is the sunffb driver forcefully tries to load the 'dri'
> module, but it is listed in the list of modules to load near to top in
> the XF86Config-4 config file Debian generates.

I thought that problem had been fixed, but then again, I haven't run
straight woody in a long time, much less on a sunffb.

> This is the first problem.  The new kernel images using devfs seem to
> create a second problem. The xfree86 config didn't offer 'sunmouse' as
> an option in the mouse device menu.

Hadn't noticed that.

Maybe I need to pull the U30 off the rack and put this Elite3D card back
in it.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/