Ethernet lockup - issue of relevance?

I have found that the respawning of consoles issue that some (including
myself) experience when they run a Linux Sparc system headless, seem to
have influence on the Ultra 1 ethernet lockup problem.

I have not seen any reports from users making this connection before,
and therefore I think this may be of interest to some.

See my description of my findings:
http://www.initio.dk/linux_on_ultra1.html
near the bottom of the page. There may be small disturbances in access
to my webserver, since I'm about to move the system, but it should be a
matter of minutes before you can connect again, if you are unable to, at
first.

Best regards,
David List