Re: ss2 tftpimage size limitation?

On Sun, 2003-08-03 17:49:39 +0200, Emanuel Schmid <emanuel.schmid@grob.org>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20030803174939.3774f921.emanuel.schmid@grob.org>:
> hello
>
> is it possible that sun4c (here a sparcstation 2) has a problem with too
> big tftp-images? as one can find with google, there is no way to boot the
> tftpboot.img's from debian on sun4c. so i tried to build some myself what
> resulted in a working tftpboot.img as long as it was smaller than about
> 3100000bytes. the one i use now is 3096258bytes, the image from woody is
> 3161568bytes...

I've not (yet) installed my SS2, but it's quite possible. After all,
there are quite some low-memory machines for which the default ~10MB
initrd (of which only some singel MBs are used!) is simply too large.
Think of Amigas:)

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));