Cloning over a Network

I need to clone several sparcs, and it would be easiest over a network.
I've tried using FAI, following Austin Murphy's HOWTO for FAI on SPARC,
but even though I used the patches, it did not work. I also tried
following "HOWTO Clone Disk Images on Linux Booted from a Network,"
with a few variations, but ended up having trouble overcoming the i386
centric steps (Namely, how to use 'boot net:dhcp' to load an initrd
image instead of grub). Any suggestions how to clone over a network?

Rob Mosher