Re: SparcStation20 setup problems
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: SparcStation20 setup problems
- From: Hendrik Sattler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:07:18 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <dChh.6To.email@example.com>
Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 12:54:34PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
>> It tells me that those are TMS390Z50 CPUs in slot 0 and 2. Then that
>> "Power on self test (POST) is running ...."
>> However, then screen is slowly filled with random characters, some only
>> displayed as bold '?'.
>> Does anyone have an insight, what's going on and can help me to fix it?
> ISTR that the initial bootup messages are always at 9600 bps, but after
> that, the speed is configurable. Try setting your terminal to 19200 or
> 38400 bps, and see if that helps.
You are great :-D
As you said, it starts with 9600bps and switches after POST to 19200bps.
Whoever at SUN thought that such a behaviour would make sense.
After all, it's the first serial terminal that I have seen :)
Now, we see how far I get.