Re: setting up cd a writer
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: setting up cd a writer
- From: Steve Pacenka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 19 Jul 2003 18:00:59 -0400
- Message-id: <1058652057.501.15.camel@pharos>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 16:03, ayoj wrote:
> i am also trying to setup my cd writer on debian ultra sparc
> but finding it hard to find the modules
> can you help ?
There is no ide-scsi module in the /lib/modules/2.4.19 tree for
UltraSPARC that I use. There is an ide-scsi module in the 2.4.21
After you have a kernel with the ide-scsi module, you need to add a line
to silo.conf like
in the section for your particular kernel. This is for a CD-RW drive that
is on the secondary controller set as master, i.e. /dev/hdc.
Note: I know that this append command works in lilo.conf on x86 boxes
from experience, but I am inferring from the silo.conf docs that
this same approach works on an UltraSPARC; I have not yet used an IDE
CD-RW drive in Ultra hardware.