Re: New kernel 2.4.21 and Sparc

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 15:13, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 03:06:20PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Ben Collins wrote:
> >
> > > suspect you did something wrong though. Try my
> > > kernel-image-2.4.21-sparc64 package. If that works, use the
> > > /boot/config-2.4.21 as a starting point for compiling your own.
> > Any hint what would be the right compiler for a woody machine?
>
> I have better than a hint, egcs64 package.

Typical I just upgraded my kernel and used "gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 (Debian)"
The result is actually running now what problems could I expect ??

The original reason for upgrading was that I noticed that the old
version I was running could not use swapfiles but that problem still
exist.

#mkswap .swapfile
Assuming pages of size 8192 (not 4096)
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 8200 kB

# swapon .swapfile
swapon: .swapfile: Invalid argument

In syslog I get this
Swap area shorter than signature indicates