Re: Image too large to fit in destination

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 12:05:51PM -0500, gkm-qmlist@moe.gawd.mb.ca wrote:
> I'm trying to get the latest 2.5 kernel going on my Ultra enterprise 2 and I
> can't get it to load.
> Through investigating silo related stuff, there's something like a 3 Meg limit
> on the Kernel, but mine's around 4.2 Meg.  That's alot of chopping I'm going
> to have to do to get it anywhere near fitting.
> Am I missing something?  Is there a mod to silo, or something other than silo
> to use?  Or do I just have to make most of the kernel a module?

make image

Then you can use arch/sparc64/boot/image instead of vmlinux. You can
compress it just the same as vmlinux, but honestly compression isn't
needed and just takes an extra few seconds to boot.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/