Re: sparc64 and ipsec

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Ben Collins wrote:

> > I've been planning to test ipsec on my Ultra 1.
> > But it seems that the FreeS/WAN kernel patches for 2.4.x won't compile on
> > sparc64 and 2.5.69 was horribly unstable.
> > So my question now is if there is any other way of getting ipsec for the
> > sparc64 platform?
>
> Try 2.5.70. I'm not sure why you had some many problems with 2.5.69.
> I've been running 2.5 on all my ultrasparc's for awhile now.

Just tried 2.5.70. It hangs the very second that i try to enable
masquerading via iptables.
(iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth4 -j MASQUERADE)
(both with iptables 1.2.7a-12 and a home rolled 1.2.8)

Userspace seems to just freeze up but the kernel seems to live on, it
responds to pings and tcp sessions can be established.
Since this machine is the gateway for my home network it's quite important
that i can use masquerading before i even try to look at iptables.

Any more tips or suggestions?