cdrom boot/install problems with Woody on SunBlade100

Hello,

I'm a Sun hardware newbie making attempt at insalling Woody on a SunBlade
100.

At the SILO prompt, I have attempted the following:

/boot/sparc64

This gives me a kernel panic
"Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream"

/boot/sparc64
initrd=/disks/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin

This one yields
"Fast Data Access MMU Miss"
"ok"

/boot/sparc64 \
initrd=/disks/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin \
ide=nodma

(I read somewhere that I should try that one.)  It does the same thing as
the one before:

"Fast Data Access MMU Miss"
"ok"

I understand that tftp is probably prefered or works better, but at this
point all I have is a cd.

Anyone out there know the magic bullet?

Thanks in advance,
Keven