XFree86 on Sparc 2 running Woody.

Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:34:53 +0200 (CEST) Erwann ABALEA said,
ea> Try setting the "Device" to "/dev/sunmouse" and the "Protocol" to
"BusMouse".

Thanks.  The mouse seems OK now.  In case anyone
is interested in the question about two InputDevice
sections for the mouse in XF86Config-4, seems
better to have only one.  Also the InputDevice
name in the ServerLayout section should match the
name in the InputDevice section.  If I'm not mistaken,
defconf commits errors when building XF86Config-4.

I installed xterm to get past a subsequent error
message.

"startx xpdf" now produces a black screen for about
30 s, a grey screen for < 1 s and then exits.  Again
the latest XFree86.0.log is on my Web page.

The console has what is in the log plus this line.
/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm:  bad command line option "xpdf"

Then there is a command usage summary and finally a
brief instruction for help.

xterm wasn't a problem with startx in Potato.  Has
xterm replaced startx in Woody?  Can anyone explain
these messages from xterm?

Thanks,    Peter E.

     http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/