Re: sound and keyboard issues woody on ultra 10

Dear Ben
Thanx for answering but your suggestions didn't work,
pls see below

--- Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> skrev: > On Sat,
May 03, 2003 at 01:42:40AM +0200, Robert
> Zakaria wrote:
> > thanx for helping in advance
> >
> > q1
> >
> > in console mode the pipe works but in X pipe is
> not
> > working.
> > I have a Swedish keyboard so I choosed fi for
> keyboard
> > language during installation
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
> >         Driver          "keyboard"
> >         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
> >         Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
> >         Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"
> >         Option          "XkbLayout"     "fi"
> > EndSection
>
> Choose xfree86 for XkbRules, not sun.

changed to the following
Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
and I got a very strange keyboard where c became "caps
lock". I had to reboot the machine with debian cd in
to change /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 because ctrl+alt+f1
didn't work.

> > q2
> >
> > can't seem to get sound working
> > I used modconf and inserted every sound module
> > available (1 @ a time) but still several programs
> say
>
> You need the cs4231 module.

I loaded the module still no sound
#lsmod
cs4231                 21440   0  (unused)
audio                  22944   1  [cs4231]

#dmesg
audio0: cs4231a(eb2) at 1fff1200000 irq 13,7e3