Re: XFree on Ultra10

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Marc Dilasser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running Debian Woody on an Ultra10 with a Creator3D card.
>
> XFree seems slow and freeze times to times during 20-30 secondes, I
> don't understand why.
>
> Is the afbinit /dev/fb0 /usr/lib/afb.ucode required ?

Marc,

No, that's for an Elite3D.  If you try it with a Creator, it will leave
you in a very bad state (ask me how I know).  It seems to take one or
more complete power on/off cycles to recover.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything useful about your real problem,
but I am almost certain that trying to load the AFB microcode into
an FFB device will do nothing good for you.

> Marc

Regards,
Ferris
--