Re: FTBFS for gnokii 0.4.3-8

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 03:02:10PM +1000, Bradley Marshall wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm having troubles getting gnokii to build on some archs, and am
> playing whack-a-mole with FTBFS - at the moment, its sparc thats
> having issues.  I get the following error when gnokii gets autobuilt
> on sparc:
>   gcc -Xlinker -r -nostdlib -nodefaultlibs -o PHONES.o generic.o nokia.o nk7110.o nk6510.o nk6100.o atgen.o ateric.o atnok.o atsie.o dc2711.o fake.o nk6160.o
>   /usr/bin/ld: --relax and -r may not be used together

gcc -c -o PHONES.o ...

The "-Xlinker -r" bypasses some of gcc's internal logic and the
-nostdlib -nodefaultlibs is also an attempt to overcome bypassing it.
This isn't specific to just sparc either. It's just that sparc exposed
the misusage. I'd make this change for every architecture.

Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/
Deqo       - http://www.deqo.com/