German type5 keyboard support with X

Hi all,

since I switched from SuSE to Debian on my Ultra10, I can't get my keyboard
fully functional with XFree. My keyboard is a german type6, but I configured
it as a type5, as someone said the differences are almost non-existant. My
Problem is that the 'less-greater-pipe'-Key (left of 'y') only works on
console. The EUR-Key (AltGr+E) works neither with X nor console, but that's
not important for me.

I've googled at little bit and found some postings about some broken
UK-Keyboard maps, but the solution seems not applicable to me because I don't
find an section about "type6" in my /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/sun. However, when
I choose type6 for keyboard, all keys are offset by one key. So the
type5-keyboard works better for me.

Relevant parts of my XF86Config:
        Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"

When I run 'dumpkeys' there is one line which may represent the key I miss:
keycode 124 = less             greater          bar
But in '/etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/sun' there is no corresponding mapping.

I'm quite stuck with this problem because I don't know how to put that
together. Can someone give me a hint howto get the keycode from one
particular keypress and how to map that permanently? Or has s.o. another idea
why the 'less-greater-pipe'-key doesn't work?

Kind regards

Andreas Rother