Re: (forw) Re: debian on sparc, how many cd's?

* ***** charles <shultzjrJUNK@academicplanet.com> [030313 20:45]:
> To Joshua - yes I am subscribed, so got it.
>                    don't know how to use the .bz2 file
>                     but I did get it.

Well, you need to "bunzip2" it.  It's a compression format like gzip or
zip.  If you want me to uncompress it and put it somewhere for you to
grab, let me know.

> I have a friend who has a cable modem.  He can download a whole cd
> (about 650M) in less than an hour.  I did get the ISO's but for some
> reason the cd's that I made, especially the first one of the
> Debian/SPARC group will not boot.  I think I created it incorrectly.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems that some windows cd burning
apps have issues burning sparc bootable cds for some reason... if this
is what you're trying to do.