Re: Debian on Sun Enterprise 250

You probaly ment SunOS 5.7 which is Solaris 7. What do you expect from Debian GNU/Linux and what services should that machine provide?

Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>

P Ballasy wrote:
Hello all,

Being unfamiliar with Sun hardware and any Debian
distro, I have some specs to run by you all to see if
I should, in reality, dump the Solaris 5.7 OS on our
Sun Enterprise 250 and replace it with Debian 3.0.

Hardware is as follows:

2 x 400Mhz UltraSPARC CPU's
Sun Quad-port Ethernet card
Raptor GFX graphics adapter