Re: Can't eject my floppy disk...

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:19:59 +0000
"Hobbs, Richard" <hobbs@mongeese.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a floppy disk in my Ultra 1 FDD drive, and I cannot get it out!
> There is, of course, no physical 'eject' button on the drive on Ultra 1's.
>
> I've tried typing 'eject', but this just seems to ignore the FDD drive,
> and happily tells me that there is no CD-ROM in the drive...

if you don't give any device to the 'eject' command, it will default to the CD-ROM... try 'eject floppy', or 'eject /dev/fd0' or whatever you floppy device or mount point is.

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch