Re: tftp install on IPX

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 03:26:58PM +0100, Irvin Probst wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 21:55, Niall Parker wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately the system hangs after the "Booting Linux ..." prompt, no
> > further messages.
>
> IPX are sun4c, so you should read what I wrote about Debian on SS2
> (http://www.irvinig.org/ss2.html).
> Bye

Thanks for the pointer ... after some more fiddling I had gotten the
linux-a.out kernel booting with the root supposedly via NFS, but I lacked
the appropriate OpenProm command line (I assumed the kernel could figure
out the NFS stuff via DHCP, but that wasn't the case)

In the mean time though, after being forced to rely on my floppy, I gave it
another vacuum and managed to boot the system that way ... ;-)

Now that I have it installed though it seems to need a major performance
tuneup ... I can't believe I once used one of these machines as my daily
workstation ! (was SunOS that much quicker ?)

l8r ...

					... Niall