SunBlade 150 boot-floppies trouble

Hello sparc gurus:

Is there something better than 'boot-floppies' 3.0.23?
I have been trying both with a net install with tftboot.img
and with a CD, netinst.iso, without much luck.

Lots of
hda: lost interrupt
and
hdb: lost interrupt
messages seem to slow things down.

Any approach to botting gets me as far as the
     Software in the Public Interest
                presents
      *** Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 ***

screen.
At that point, it appears that the keyboard does nothing.
Certainly Enter or space to <Continue> does nothing, and
even Stop-A has no effect. (Blue Screen of Death?)

Sun firmware reports Keyboard present in the boot, and I can
type at the firmware to get it to 'boot net' or 'boot cdrom' and
I can type at SILO.

The kernel boot messages indicat USB keyboard, which is what it is.

Is there some kernel boot parameter I am missing?

Thanks,
-Maitland